DATE of school: 12th – 16th February 2024
DATE of hackathon: 17th-18th February 2024
HOST: Sapienza University of Rome
LOCATION: Rome, Italy
TOPICS: ADVANCED Level on – InSAR, LiDAR, GNSS-seismology for monitoring and modelling the Earth’s surface deformations and seismic risk
PARTICIPANTS: MSc, PhD students, researchers and professional LiDAR, GNSS and InSAR users. The participants in the Advanced GATHERS school will get a certificate of 2 ECTS for the school and 1ECTS for the hackathon.
REQUIREMENTS: bring your laptop
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: November 19th 2023
If you want to join both events, registrations need to be done separately for the
two events. You are welcome to register and hopefully join both events!
Hackathon – detailed Information:
The main topic of the school will be to present the theoretical and practical aspects in surface deformation monitoring by application of the three main observing methods used within the GATHERS project:
- Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (InSAR)
- Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR)
- Global navigation satellite system (GNSS)
The 3rd GATHERS school will be at an advanced level and we will be happy to welcome people with some knowledge on these fields or participating in GATHERS events already. Applicants from european Union are especially encouraged to apply.
There is NO fee for participants of the school. The organisers will cover:
- accommodations in Rome
- coffee breaks
- gala dinner
- Social event in the city of Rome
LECTURERS and TEACHERS:
- Mattia Crespi (University of Rome La Sapienza, GNSS-seismology specialist)
- Augusto Mazzoni (University of Rome La Sapienza, GNSS-seismology specialist)
- Jan Kaplon (UPWr, GNSS-seismology specialist)
- Ramon Hanssen (TU Delft, InSAR specialist)
- Freek van Leijen (TU Delft, InSAR specialist)
- Maya Ilieva (UPWr, InSAR specialist)
- Norbert Pfeifer (TU Wien, LiDAR specialist)
- Grzegorz Jóźków (UPWr, UAV and LiDAR specialist)
Access to the full programme and training material (both theory and practicals) will be available here soon.